Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's in my bag today...hair

My hair is driving my crazy.  I cut it last August because I thought it would be easier with the new baby coming.  Well it ended up taking more time because it was a shaped bob and I kept having to mess with the back to make sure it was laying right.  Now it's growing out and I need a trim.  I'm not sure what to tell the stylist when I go.  I wish I could say "Give me perfect hair that looks good and I don't have to spend any time on it!" or "Give me a Halle Berry!", but only Halle Berry can rock the Halle Berry, so forget that.  I'm sure I'll spend another few weeks obsessing about it and ripping pages out of magazines, that the stylist will never see.  
As if taking care of my own hair was not a big enough responsibility, now I am the keeper of my daughter's hair.  This is the ultimate responsibility in regards to her, second only to keeping her alive and healthy.  Why do I say this?  I challenge you to find me one woman who does not blame her mother for some truly terrible childhood hair.  We all have the pictures to prove it.  We ask what they were thinking and we can't imagine doing that to our own children, but I tell you my daughter is three years old and I've already done it to her twice.  The first time she was around 1 1/2 and she had the longest swatch of hair growing from the back of her head all the way to the front.  So I decided to trim up the front to be a little more like bangs.  I sat her down and had my friend distract her. I picked up the scissors and quickly snipped off the front before she could move and mess it up.  Well in my haste I got too much and gave her micro bangs. Of course everyone in my family was like, "What did you do?". The second time I messed it up I didn't actually cut it myself, but I still feel the responsibility for it since I directed the stylist.  She ended up with a page boy sort of cut.  We're still growing it out.  I am determined I will not take her for another hair cut until her bangs are grown out and I will be very firm with the stylist.  As for my own hair, I'll let you know when I finally bite the bullet and I'll post a picture.  Some women might not like to admit it but hair is a seriously important part of life and should not be taken lightly, lest you be haunted by it in your old age.  Your children will not only mock you for what you did to them but also for the hairstyles that you sported.  Your husband will get off scott free in this arena as in many others, so you will have no one to back you up. 

There are worse pics than this, but this is the only one I had on my computer.

I can't find the pic right after I cut it, but this was in the same month.

No comments:

Post a Comment