Monday, March 7, 2011

What's in my bag today...babies.

You gotta love baby chub, and no I don't mean the extra baby weight after delivery, nobody loves that.  I mean the chubby little rolls that babies have.  My daughter who is 4 months, has these little rolls on her thighs that I just love. 
My sister asked me one time if they go outside or inside the diaper! 

I've been struggling with my post baby body and trying to get rid of my own rolls.  With this second baby it's been coming off much more slowly.  I'm sure there's more than a few factors involved including eating my preschoolers leftovers.  What is up with that?  Who wants to eat something that's cold and been handled my sticky toddler hands?  It shouldn't be that hard to resist!  It's an almost automatic thing. Pop, in my mouth it goes before I even know it.  It must be the mom part of my brain that sees waste and wants to eliminate it.  They should do a study on that.  Maybe they can make a patch for it, really, who can remember to take a pill everyday! 

I was in the shower the other day and I started thinking about those women you hear about who are 65 and giving birth.   I used to think they were crazy, but now I think they're onto something.  Think about it, if you're 65 years old, your boobs are probably already sagging, so you don't have to worry about that.  You're also already tired all the time, so that's not an issue.  If you're lucky, you're retired so you can collect a check and still be home with your baby. Best of all you'll probably be dead by the time they are teenagers so someone else can deal with all that angst. Plus the kids can use your insurance to pay for college.  Win/win!

I'm still keeping to my challenge to try two new recipes a week.  Last night I tried a lighter version of lasagna.  Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/spinach-and-mushroom-veggie-lasagna
It came out pretty good but there was one element that almost/kinda ruined it. It called for 1tsp of dried thyme and my husband and I both thought it was very over powering.  Next time I make it I might omit it or just use 1/4 tsp.  I found a good recipe for simple homemade dressing, here it the link:
Hannah’s Amazing 2¢ Salad Dressing - Healthy, quick, and easy recipes from mom expert Hannah Keeley


I used a light cheese for the top, which is why it's so shiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment