Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's in my bag today...anxiety.

I have been putting off blogging for about a month now.  Lately I have been struggling with anxiety.  I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong and I finally figured out that it was anxiety. I haven't been trying my two new meals a week for a while.  I just felt that I didn't have the energy to even think about it. I have been cooking, but I've stayed with my tried and true recipes. And I've had a sense of being overwhelmed all the time.
 I have been walking through some health issues with my Mom and it's been weighing on me.  I'm a fixer and this is something that only God can fix.  Families are like a body, if one part of the body is hurting, the whole body feels it until it heals.  I am trying to let go of the fears that I have and trust that God is taking care of things.  I have not had issues with worry or fear or anxiety for a long time so it kind of caught me off guard. I feel a lot better since I decided to let it go, but there are times when it still gets to me.  I am going to try and keep writing even though it is hard for me right now.  I know that I will be back and be inspired if I just keep going.  I am so glad to even have this outlet and the support of all my friends out there.  I hope you guys can get something out of my experiences.  Life is hard, but it is a lot easier when you have people in your life that you can share your burdens with.  And most importantly when you have God in your life, you can get through anything big or small.  I know that I would be in a very different place right now if I did not have faith that God is real and that his son Jesus died for me.  It has made a profound difference in my life and it continues to shape me as a person.  Thank you for reading this, it means a lot to me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said Rachel! This is a prayer I sent out this morning to a few friends regarding an issue I am having with my daughter. "I pray for wisdom when to be her voice and when to be patient and trust the Lord is doing a work in her that I cannot yet see (that prayer so beyond this matter-I find it's the prayer I always need to have for myself!)." it's why the bible talks so much about Faith. God didn't doubt we would believe when we can see what is going on and we like the plan, but when things get cloudy and gray and we don't always like what we see what is going on around us, it's much harder to just believe. Thanks for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete